Thursday, July 16, 2009

I Still Want a Sister


Whenever we're on our way to do something fun, Lucas says, "What should we do today? Go to the doctor's office and get shots? Get lots of spankings from mean people? Go to a witch's house? Or...how about we go to the park?" It's the sneaky way of giving a toddler and preschooler options.

Somehow, those less than desirable options have also morphed into motivational tools for getting the girls to follow directions. I'll tease, "if you don't bring your shoes over, you'll have to be dropped off at the witch's house." And Norah, for the most part knows I'm kidding.

But today, Avery was acting up as we were getting ready to go to the park. I turned to Norah and remarked, "we'll have to send Avery to the witch's house." To which Norah replied, "no Mom, I still want a sister."



No comments:

Post a Comment