Monday, March 29, 2010

This. Right Now.

In the business of life, I haven’t had time to update the blog. When I say I haven’t had time, I don’t mean that I can’t find the time to write a few paragraphs. I haven’t stopped and noticed the special happenings going on in our family.

The other night was Mom’s night at Norah’s pre-school. We spent the evening playing dress up, painting flower pots, planting herbs in the school yard, picnicking together. As we sat on a quilt, stretched out on the lawn, I asked Norah what her favorite part of the day had been. She replied, “This. Right now.” She was beaming; calm and content – picnic strawberries smeared across her face.

I paused for a moment, and then realized it was for me, too.

Today, I will stop worrying about what we’ll have for dinner, how we’ll get it all done, where we’ll be next year, what I’ll do with my life – and take notice. I’ll pack a blanket and some fish crackers and we’ll head for the park. Today, I’m going to focus on this. Right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment