Thursday, July 7, 2011

Lunch Soup and Gratefulness

We’re working on gratefulness in this household.

It’s a tough pill to swallow for a clan who is certain that my sole purpose on the universe is wiping butts and washing dishes. But, hey, one day at a time.

Today (what a surprise) it was cold and rainy in Seattle. I know I’m starting to settle because I actually was glad to feel the cool come in. I’m not a short order cook, but I’m pretty darn close. The girls requested something warm, and, so, I made them grilled cheese sandwiches and ginger carrot soup.

“Ick,” said Avery. “This is uh-scusting!” (translation: disgusting) “And, I never want to eat it again... but thank you Mom for making it.”

“Yeah,” Norah agreed, “NEVER make this AGAIN! But, thank you.”

“...the sandwiches are kinda good,” chimed Avery.

“Yeah, I like ‘em, too,” said Norah.

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment