Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Snapshot Scrapbook

I've really been thinking a lot about gratefulness lately.  I have so much to be grateful for and I want to be taking the time to really notice all the blessings around me.

A part of that for me has been taking more photos everyday.  I love photography and I love photos, but as a result, I find that if the lighting isn't perfect, if my girls are looking particularly unkempt by the days end, or if I'm just too tired to adjust my camera to all the right settings; I don't get out the camera.  That's not a great way to save memories OR get better at photography.

I was really inspired by a book I recently read called The Happiness Project  by Gretchen Rubin.  In it, she shares about the monthly resolutions she makes for a whole year in order to improve the small things in her every day life to make it that much better.  I was really touched by a resolution the author made to be a "treasure house of memories" for her family.  I think that's a role that fits me easily and well.  I love to take pictures, to share stories, to write down our experiences together as a family.  I so want to remember this time with them, when they are still so little, so innocent, and so energetic.  Because the "days are long, but the years are short."

So, I decided I'm going to take my camera out more often and just take snapshots of what's going on in our day.  I want to savor the little precious moments in our home.  Here's what I've captured the last few weeks...hopefully, I'll get better at this!...
The girls finishing up getting ready for school and about to head down the stairs.
When we get home from dropping off the girls, I pull out a little drawer with Harper friendly plastic dishes for her to play with while I clean up the kitchen from breakfast.
Then Harper has a snack.  She apparently doesn't like it when I disturb her peaceful eating.
The girls like to make forts after school.
They also like to make silly faces.
And pretend they are world famous gymnasts.
One of Norah's favorite games is to pretend she is a librarian.  This is her, waiting to check out books to us, her library goers.

And here's my favorite library patron.



No comments:

Post a Comment