Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Nap Time and Womb Bear

For the past few weeks, Harper has not been napping 3-4 times a week.  Her decision not to sleep during the few hours of a break I have to get things done around here has left me feeling pretty desperate...but today I got the better of her, and she knew it, too.

Enter: Womb Bear.

When Harper was born, the girls picked out one of those bears that makes womb sounds.  Harper is my first and only child to really be mesmerized by one of those contraptions, and I used to turn it on to soothe her when she was a tiny baby.  Today it was looking like another no nap day.  She was talking and playing happily in the dark in her room for a good half an hour and I knew no end was in sight. 

Until, I remember womb bear.  So, I went back into her room searched through her stuffed animals and put it in her crib with her.

"No!" she shouted, and threw the pulsing bear out of her crib...I could tell she knew where this was headed!  I set it on the bed in the room, outside of the crib and her reach.  I saw the look on her face, half hypnotized, half annoyed that I had won.  But, WIN I did.  She is sleeping peacefully now.


No comments:

Post a Comment