Saturday, March 9, 2013

Harper Turns 2

When I was in labor with Harper, I was in the hospital for four long days.  When family mentioned she might share a birthday with her aunt Erin, I scoffed at the idea.   I definitely didn't think Harper would be born on the 9th!  It was days away from when I started having contractions. I thought we'd be done and out of there by then for sure.  But, she took her time, waiting for the perfect moment to arrive.  Screaming even as I birthed her, plump and pouty lipped.

Today she is two.

And two years later, she still takes her time. Wandering everywhere she goes, humming and singing and stopping to look at everything that interests her.  My little free spirit.

I love her.  I love her so, so much.

When she wakes up in the morning she calls out from her bed, "Mommy! Mommy!" And, it is one of the best parts of my day to go in, pull her from her crib, and cuddle her close to me.  Her head hanging heavy on my shoulder, her smile brimming coyly as she looks away when I kiss her.


She is still so little that I carry her almost everywhere; I take her wherever I go.  And I want to always.




Happy, happy birthday, beautiful little girl!  You are a joy and blessing everyday. You are right where you are meant to be: at the center of this crazy, loud, chaotic, happy family. We love you, Harper Lily.




No comments:

Post a Comment