Monday, November 9, 2009

Warmth and Wonder





































I love the sights, the smells, the sounds of children in our home. Little bouncy coin machine balls, squeaky books, puzzle pieces, crunchy partially crushed fishy crackers embedded into the carpet.

My girls see beauty in the mundane, the routine. They leave little tributes all around the house to the things they cherish in their world. I love it, I treasure it, I soak up each little monument. A toy guitar resting side by side next to mine. A baby doll laid carefully on the changing mat. Little girl shoes stashed in my closet atop my pile of heels.

Sometimes I leave items where they're buried, wedged, or tucked. This is life with preschoolers. This is the stuff of children: chaos, warmth, wonder, and unending joy.


1 comment:

  1. How sweet, and so true. Don't fight it, just find joy - love that. (Aunt Annie)

    ReplyDelete