Thursday, January 27, 2011

The Risktaker and the Rulefollower

Today, on the way home from school, the Risktaker saw a sippy cup emerge from underneath one of the front seats of the car. It probably rolled into view as we parked (having been lodged out of view for who knows how long.) She went right for it, and I knew, I just knew she'd take a swig of the water.

I warned, "Don't drink the water." But it was too late. She was already chugging it down with full vigor.

With equal vigor the Rulefollower scolded, "Stop! You'll get sick."

"I'm not throwing up yet," countered the Risktaker with confidence, as we walked from the car to the house.

"Someday, you will be." the Rulefollower argued, smugly.

The Risktaker (not concerned at all) asked, "Mommy, can I have milk when we get inside?"

"Milk isn't good for you when your tummy hurts." the Rulefollower warned.

"But, my tummy doesn't hurt," asserted the Risktaker.

"Oh, it will..." assured the Rulefollower.

Just one example of daily conversations between two very different (but equally smart and stubborn) sisters in our household.

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha, I love this. Can't wait to see you guys tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it wasn't milk in the car sippy.
    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah, we strategically never have milk in the car for that very reason : )

    ReplyDelete