Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top 10 of Winter Break

Well, it's a new year.  And, I'm excited, I really am.  But... I SO enjoyed our little break.  All of us together just relaxing at home as a family was so, so nice. 

In honor of all the fun we had, I thought I'd write a top 10 list:

1. A lovely (but short) visit with my sister.

2. Watching our girls run out to see the Christmas presents under the tree.  There's just nothing like it.

3. Sleeping in! With 3 kids five and under this a relative term. But, all 3 of our girls slept later over the break, and so did we.  When the girls did get up, they'd spend a good amount of time just playing together up in their room before we got up.  It was BLISS.

4. Staying in pajamas ALL DAY a few days running.

5. "Reading" magazines with Avery in my lap.  She'd scoop up one of my magazines from the coffee table and burrow herself into a blanket until I came to join her.

6. Cleaning out the basement.  I know, I know.  But it just feels good.

7. Watching Norah learn to roller skate.  She's gotten pretty good already!

8. Experimenting with our new ice cream maker.  YUM. 

9.  Watching Harper scoot her way around the house.  I'm beginning to think that is going to be her preferred mode of transportation long term.  On the hardwood, she can get around a lot faster than when she's up on all fours.

10.  Putting the girls to bed early (they are still young enough to believe they stayed up late when in reality they didn't)  and snuggling up with Lucas to watch When Harry Met Sally by the fire on New Year's Eve. 

Sigh....Now, we'll just have to count down the days until our summer road trip to CA.  That's the next time we'll all be together for so long.  We all know that will be an entirely different kind of vacation,  But a whole lot of fun in it's own right.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment