Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Avery's First (Well, Second) Day of Preschool

Avery entered her first day of her last year of preschool on Monday.   I have been reluctant to write about it because I am just a giant ball of tears right now (thanks, last trimester of pregnancy.) 

When I am honest with myself, I know that Avery is really coming into her own.  She is not the baby anymore.  At the play yard at Norah's school, at the drop off at preschool, in the waiting room at church the past few weeks - other moms have all been saying the same thing to me: Avery has grown.  Her little chubby cheeks have become more chiseled, her little chubby legs have turned to bean stocks. 

All summer, I was taken aback by Norah and how much she has grown.  I saw, too, that Avery was growing; but I comforted and distracted myself with the thought that she was still little, still not as grown as her sister.

 I can see now as school comes back into full swing how much she has changed and learned this summer.  Her speech has become incredibly clear, her stride incredibly sure. And all I can say is: I'm not ready!!!  I want to beg Avery to stay safe and small in my arms always- but I know it is already too late for that.

Happy 2nd day of preschool, dear Avery.  You are a light and joy to all who know and love you.







On another note, though this post comes late, it's a REALLY good thing I was able to take pictures of her on the first day of preschool.  That very afternoon after school- she banged her head against our coffee table (during an unfortunate incident involving a fight with her sister) and she now has a black eye.  Oh, Avery.  Let's just try to get through your childhood together with all our body parts intact, ok?



No comments:

Post a Comment