Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year

It's been a while since I've posted here.  With 4 kids, it's easy to see how life can get away from you!  Heck, with one kid it's easy to see how life can get away from you...

But, it's my intention that this space be a place where I can record whatever comes to mind, whenever it comes to mind.  A little working log of life in our household that hopefully our kids can look back on someday and say, "remember when...?."

So, with the holiday season upon us, I thought it was time to get serious about updates again.  I love recording all the little special moments.  And, I love that we (the adults in this household) are responsible for the memory making happening right before our eyes.

It's advent, and in our house that means we've set up our tree and our Advent Calendar.   We've planned our little list of Christmas Tradition activities to get us into the spirit.  The weather forecast says its going to be a white Christmas and that would just make the season all the more miraculous to us, the California transplants that we are!

But, what's been really wonderful this year is that our big girls have started saying things like, 'we always do...' and 'when are we going to...' and 'where's MY ornament, stocking," etc. from last year.  The memories we made in the past and the traditions we've started are in full motion!  There's no turning back now and we love it.

I'll post here about all that we're doing and learning, which will hopefully set me up to start the New Year off back in the habit of being our family's personal historian.

Love to you this season, and I hope you'll enjoy recapping all of our experiences with us here on the blog.

XO,

Diana




1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're back. I so enjoy keeping up with my Seattle Grands through your blog and love the way you tell it.

    ReplyDelete